Hunting with Golden Eagle is one of the most unique features of the Kazakh life. The hunter is named kusbegi or berkutchi. The experience of wild birds training was gained by Kazakh kusbegi by centuries, the secrets were impacted from the father to the son and kept deep secret. At the present time we can meet few people with such name. These masters have innate gift of wild birds training. For a hunting they tame falcons, golden eagles and eagles. Names of birds are given depending on their appearance and battle characteristics. The hunting with Golden Eagle are during ten centuries. Was considered, to present the teenager a nestling of hunting bird, means, to wish to him to begin courageous, strong dzhigit.
Sept. 30/Day 1. Arrive UBBy your arrival in UB meet by our guide and transfer to hotel. After lunch, we will do city site seeing tour. Explore, Gandan Monastery, Buddhist center in Ulaanbaatar. See Zanabazar Museum Chojin Lama temple. Lunch time in a typical Mongolian Restaurant The winter Palace Buda Big Statue on the Hill Central market (black) (one or two hours if we have time) Typical folkloric Mongol performance ( songs and dances) , at the restaurant, during Dinner time (optional). Overnight in 4* hotel.
Oct. 1/Days 2 Arrive Olgii and Drive to Tsengel Hairhan Mountain (100 km)Arrive by air at Olgii airport and meet by our crew (Eng. Speaking guide and driver). Transfer to BW office. After lunch and tour briefing, drive to west (2-3 hrs). Reach the summer spending place of Kazakh nomadic families on the East-South part of Tsengel Hairhan Mountain. Overnight in tent. (BLD)
Oct. 2/Day 3 Hike by Hultsuut ValleyToday, we load our luggage on the pack camels and start a trekking down by Hultsuut Valley. On the way, we stop next to rock-printings. Continue trekking upper valley and reach glacier lakes surrounded by rocky cliffs with ice tops. Spectacular views. Overnight in tent. (BLD)
Oct. 3/Day 4 Climb Tsengel Hairhan Peak (3940 m, 6-7 hrs)Non-technical and trekking difficulty level is moderate. Who choose easy level can do day hike up down the glaciers lakes. Overnights in tent. (BLD)
Oct. 4/Day 5 To Ak Korym ValleyWe will load again our equipment onto pack-camels and/or pack-horses. And trek yet another route out of Hulchuut Valley into upper Ak-Korym Valley. On the left, you will see Tsagaan-Asgat Uul (3575 m). Enjoy fantastic views of the Glacier Mountains around you. Overnight in tent. (BLD)
Oct. 5/Day 6 To Lake Har Nuur (15 km, 5-6 hrs)We will continue our trek up to Lake Har Nuur (2400 m), where you can have a nice view of beautiful green valleys and lakes, surrounded by colorful red mountains. We need to cross several small mountain rivers. When water level is high enough, you will ride a horses. Pitch a gers near Tuvan nomads. Visit Tuvan families and learn some nomadic skills. Meet our car and drive back to Olgii. Overnight in gercamp/local hotel. (BLD).
Oct. 6-7/Days 7-8. Golden Eagle FestivalMeet the Kazakh Eagle hunters. The rodeo of eagle hunting. A fantastic opportunity for photographers and adventurers alike to see these magnificent birds up close. There are approx. 400 eagle hunters in Bayan-Olgii aimag. The eagle hunters from around regions gather to test their finely trained birds in singular contests of speed and agility in these few days. During the festival we also see some Kazakh Traditional Horse Games like “BushKushi” (Try to take out from each other the goat skin on horseback),”Kiss woman on horseback”,”Pick up coins from the land on horseback” and others. In the evening we enjoy to have the Kazakh Concert with some traditional songs and music. First overnight at Blue Wolf gercamp. Second day, afternoon drive to Kazakh eagle hunter’s family. Overnight in wooden house. (BLD).
Oct. 8/Day 9 Nomadic lifeWe have the chance to visit some Kazakh families and feel the grade hospitality. Overnight with Kazakh family. (BLD)
Oct. 9/Day 10 Drive to OlgiiToday we say good-by to our host-Kazakh Eagle hunter and his family and start to drive back. Driving by northwestern route, we will be able to have beautiful views of the entire Altai Mountains range. Afternoon drive to Olgii. Have a dinner in “Blue Wolf" restaurant and have a Kazakh short concert. Overnight in gercamp. (BLD)
Oct. 10/Day 11. Fly to UB.Early breakfast and transfer to Olgii airport. Fly back to UB about 3hrs. Transfer to 3* hotel. (B)
Oct. 11/Day 12. Depart UBAfter early breakfast, transfer to UB airport. (B)
The western Mongolian autumn is cold and dry with occasional snow, but most days have clean blue sky and strong sun. The temperature can fluctuate as much 5-10 degrees centigrade between day and night. /-5°-15° during a days and -10°-20° of Celsius during a nights/
|What to bring||
Warm hat and gloves,
Long underwear for travel in the high mountains, comfortable footwear,
Prescription medications, (if needed),
Money belt and small padlocks
The services of some herdsmen will be hired by the expedition, and they will provide us with their animals.
A local guide who speaks English and Mongolian will accompany the group at all times. A cook will follow, with an assistant. In addition, the services of the local herdsmen will be hired along with their animals. The horsemen follow a traditional lifestyle in the areas where we will be riding.
Our cook will prepare the meals. We pride ourselves in having cooks adapt to both western and Mongolian cooking on our trips. There are always vegetables available, and we have no problem accommodating vegetarians on our trips. For breakfast we can usually buy fresh yogurt from the herdsmen in the local area.
|Price||USD 2000 per person (min 2 members)|
Eng. guide, 4x4 trasnfers, 3 meals per day (not in UB), cook with
cooking gears, sleeping tent with matts and bag, overnights in 4* hotel (2nts),
gercamp/local hotel in Olgii (3nts), tent (4nts) and with nomadic family (2nts),
camping equipment, Eagle Festival fee, Kazakh Eagle hunter with his bird and
riding horse, border and nat. park permits. And ULN-ULG-ULN flights.
Personal needs, laundry and alcohol drinks. Single occupancy is 240$.
- ALTAI NOMAD'S CLIMB and MALCHIN CLIMB, 6 days, from USD 690
- The mystery of Tsaatan Culture
- What is the water like?
- What's luggage limit on domestic flights of Mognolia?
- What is the food like?
- What are the accommodations?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do I need a visa to Mongolia?
- Blue Wolf's destinations
- How do I book a tour?
- How do I make a payment?
- What are the group sizes for fixed depatures?
- Why travel with us?
- How many days should I set aside for my trip?
- Bayangol Hotel
- Eagle Dreams (In Ulgii)
- The Corporate Hotel
- Hyundai County
- Ulaanbaatar to Dalanzadgad
- Ulaanbaatar to Ulaangom
- Ulaanbaatar to Murun
- Russian UAZ 469 V4
- Deluxe King / Deluxe Twin
- Executive king/Executive Twin
- Executive Corner King
- Deluxe suit room
- Executive Suite room
- Blue Sky Suite room
- When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
- How do i get to Mongolia ?
- Russian Van - UAZ 452 V4
- Land Cruiser V8
- Ulaanbaatar to Ulgii
- Ulaanbaatar to Khovd
- Best Western Tuushin
- Kempinski Hotel
- Nature and Culture of Southern Kazakhstan
- Unique Experiences in Mongolia
- We travel delicious memory for every Guest
- Video by Austen
- Sky full of stars, photo by Vijesh Kumar
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Going to Mongolia
- MONGOLIA- CLASSIC EAGLE HUNTING , 8 days, from 1470$, 2019
- TURGEN and KHARKHIRAA HORSE RIDE, 11 days, from 2410 $, Western Mongolia
- MONGOLIA, NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL , March, 20-21, 2019
- MONGOLIA, ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 18, 2019
- MONGOLIA, ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL, September, 14-15, 2019
- NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL and MIGRATION-2019, 14 DAYS, FROM 2745$, MONGOLIA
- EAGLE FESTIVAL PROGRAMME (rough), 2019
- ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL, MONGOLIA
- ALTAI TREK, 17 days, from 2600 USD, Western Mongolia, 2019 (fixed dates)
- NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL, 2018, WESTERN MONGOLIA
- TSENGEL HAIRHAN -GLACIER HIKE (self-guided/fixed), from USD 285, WESTERN MONGOLIA
- POTANIN GLACIER AND SACRED MOUNTAIN, 6 ds/5nts, from USD 550$
- EAGLE FESTIVAL ADVENTURE, 2019 /fixed dates/, 15 DAYS, 2500$, MONGOLIA
- EAGLE FESTIVAL and HIKE BESIDE GLACIER, 12 DAYS, FROM 2000$, 2019
- EXPLORE the ALTAI of GOLDEN EAGLE and SNOW LEOPARD , 12 DAYS, FROM 2215$, 2019
- ALTAI MOUNTAINS HORSE RIDE, 14 days, from 2225 USD, Mongolia
- HORSE RIDE ON KYRGYZ MOUNTAINS, 10 DAYS, FROM 1920$, 2018
- Eagle Dreams Hotel
- THE BEST OF ALTAI MOUNTAINS, 5 ds/ 4 nts, from USD 440
- REINDEER HERDERS AND EAGLE FESTIVAL, 2019, 19 DAYS, FROM 3040$
- EAGLE FESTIVAL, ALTAI EXPLORE and EAGLE HUNTING, 12 DAYS, FROM 1860$, 2019
- REINDEERS AND TSAATAN CULTURE, 11 days, from 1530 USD, NORTHERN MONGOLIA
- TREK BESIDE GLACIERS, 8ds/7nts, from USD 905
- ALTAI TREK and ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL- 2019, 19 days, from 2800$, fixed date
- NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia
- JOLT TREK, 16 days, from 2530 USD, /fixed dates/
- ALTAI, HANGAI AND GOBI DRIVE, 24 DAYS, FROM 2600$, MONGOLIA
- SELF-DRIVE BY ALTAI MOUNTAINS AND GOBI DESERT, 12 days, from 3315 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- GOBI and HANGAI DRIVE, 12 DAYS, FROM 2080 USD, MONGOLIA
- RUSSIAN and MONGOLIAN ALTAI TREK-2019 /fixed dates/, 27 days, from 2700 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- STANDART TICKET , 3 days, 180 USD, Mongolia
- DELUX TICKET , 3 days, 250 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI EXPLORE, 22 days, from 3315 USD, Kazakhstan-Russia-Mongolia
- WESTERN MONGOLIA-ALTAI KAZAKH EAGLEHUNTING CULTURE
- GO to FESTIVAL with EAGLE HUNTERS and ALTAI EXPLORE, 2019, 10 days, from 1610 USD, Mongolia
- TRAVELLERS, 2017
- Nomadic Hospitality
- Apple Bits
- TRAVELLER FROM OCTOBER AND DECEMBER, 2014
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL and MALCHIN PEAK CLIMB, 2019, 8 DAYS, FROM 1165
- Altai Explore - Cross 4 Countries
- EXPLORE SNOW LEOPARD AND GOLDEN EAGLE, 6ds/5nts, from USD 550
- NATURE and CULTURE of KAZAKHSTAN MOUNTIANS, 8 days, from 970$
- BWT-Ulgii Office
- BW-Ulgii GerCamp Photos
- Re: Feedback on Blue Wolf tour please .... (from www.tripadvisor.com)
- MONGOLIAN ALTAI ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES, 12 days, from 1420USD, MONGOLIA
- ALTAI TAVAN BOGD NAT. PARK (self-guided/fixed), from USD 325, Mongolia
- TSAMBAGARAV NAT.PARK (self-guided/fixed), from USD 255, Mongolia
- MONGOLIA - ALTAI TREK
- ALTAI WILD LIFE AND FLOWERS (self-guided/fixed), from USD 330, MONGOLIA
- BLUE WOLF TRAVEL IN ULGII. (from www.tripadvisor.com)
- TRAVELLERS FROM LAST SUMMER, 2014
- TRAVELLER FROM OCTOBER AND DECEMBER, 2014
- BW gercamp photos
- Altai Nomad's Festival
- Altai Trek (fixed dates)
- MONGOLIA- GOBI, HANGAI, ALTAI and STEPPE DRIVE
- ALTAI EXPLORE - ANCIENT SHAMBALLA'S KINGDOM
- MONGOLIA EAGLE FESTIVALS
- BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN COUNTRY
- NOMADIC MONGOLIA, FALL SEASON
- Photography gallery
- Altai Nomadic Life
- Grand Golden Eagle
- Golden Altai Mountians
- Altai Kazakh Eagle Festival - 2012
- Altai Fly Fishing
- Altai Tavan Bogd Climb, from 1740$,
- ALTAI MOUNTIANS DRIVE, 19 days, from 2255 USD, Mongolia
- MOUNTAINS ON MOUNTAINS, 11 DAYS, 2310 USD, KYRGYZSTAN
- HUNTING WITH GOLDEN EAGLE -2018-19, 11 days, 1805 USD, Mongolia
- CLASSIC EAGLE HUNTING AND EXPLORE ALATAU MOUNTAINS, 7 DAY, FROM 1025$, KAZAKHSTAN
- EAGLE HUNTING IN KYRGYZSTAN, 8 DAYS, FROM 1485$, KYRGYZSTAN
- WORLD NOMAD GAMES AND EXPLORE KYRGYZSTAN, FROM..., 12 DAYS
- Booking the hotels in Ulaanbaatar.
- NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL and SNOW LEOPARD EXPLORE-2019, 10 DAYS, FROM 1740 USD, MONGOLIA
- Guest House booking
- Car Rental
- Visa support
- Camping gears
- Short Tours
- Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan
- Altai Tavan Bogd Flowers
- Altai National Parks
- Mongolia Fishing and Horse Ride
- Mongolia Fishing and Auto Tour
- WESTERN MONGOLIA TREK, 6days, from 660 USD, Mongolia
- KAZAKHSTAN ALTAI HORSE RIDE, 15 days, from 2590 USD, Kazakhstan
- TURGEN and KHARKHIRAA TREK - TWIN PEAKS, 13 days, from 1445$, Western Mongolia
- BW-TsambaGarav GerCamp
- Russian Altai