Altai National Parks LET'S PLAN YOUR TRIP
Potanin Glacier /about 20km long/is ice river starts from Altai Tavan Bogd Snow peaks.Walking along this river,you will have a great opportunity to feel youself fresh and untouched mountain country.Near this river,we see the Shiveet Khairkhan Mountian.This is sacred mountain for local Tuvan people.This single high mountain has over 400 ibex as there is no hunting. On the southeast part of mountain you will see the biggest rock printing.
To OlgiyArrive Olgiy and meet local guide.After lunch , visit the most interesting local museum of Olgiy, with comprehensive information of flora and fauna of Bayan-Ölgiy as well as it colourful traditional costumes.Drive to north-west about 45 km and camp near small beautifull lake Sogoog. Good birdwatching.Overnight in tent.
Altai Tavan BogdWith the support of camels, we will trek for 16km to the base camp area at the edge of the 20km long Potanina glacier, that runs down from the highest mountains in Mongolia.
Day HikeToday is acclimatization for everybody and surrounding. Tavanbogd means "The Holy Five" referring to the peaks of Huiten (4374m and the highest), Nairamdal, Ulgii, Burget and Malchin.. It is a stunning setting with the awe inspiring massif of high snow capped peaks.Who feels himself stronger,he can make easy hike to Malchin /4025m/.It will take about 4hrs up and 5hrs down.
Altai Tavan BogdTrek back on the other side of the Tsaagan River (White River) to Shiveet Hairhan Mountain, where the Tuva people live. Here we will now be able to view the biggest petrolgyphs from the period of the Huns (approx 200 B.C.). The Huns were the reason for the Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huangdi to build the Great Wall of China.
Shiveet Khairkhan –Sacred MountianToday we will explore Shiveet Khairkhan Mountian for rocking printing and mountain goats.This single big mountain,which is separated from others, has over 400 mountian goats on it,as so local people respect and do not any hunting.Hiking up by narrow tropic ways,you can come on top of mountain and see these animals.
Drive to Blue Wolf CampAfter driving 6hrs towards south-east, we reach BlueWolf gercamp.Dinner with traditional Kazakh food.During dinner, you have a chance to enjoy Kazakh Short Concert.
To UBTransfer to Olgiy airport /30min/.Fly to UB.
|Some recommendations||Summer months in Mongolia are from early June to mid September.Although the Mongolian summers are hot and dry with occasional rain, the temperature can fluctuate as much 20 degrees centigrade between day and night.So be prepared for all weather conditions.|
|What to bring||Binoculars,sunscreen,a hat,gloves,long underware for travel in the high mountains,comfortable footware,lip balm,sanitary hand wipes,sunglasses,prescription medications,(if needed),rain gear,flashlight.|
|Transport||Western Mongolian families frequently move from one pasture to the other using camels.The services of some herdsmen will be hired by the expedition, and they will provide us with their animals.|
|Staff||A local guide who speaks English and Mongolian will accompany the group at all times.A cook will follow, with an assistant.In addition, the services of the local herdsmen will be hired along with their animals.The horsemen follow a traditional lifestyle in the areas where we will be riding.|
|Meals||Our cook will prepare the meals.We pride ourselves in having cooks adapt to both western and Mongolian cooking on our trips.There are always vegetables available, and we have no problem accommodating vegetarians on our trips.For breakfast we can usually buy fresh yogurt from the herdsmen in the local area.|
|Price||USD 1195 per person (min 2 members)|
|Group size||2-18 (Discounts available for groups.)|
|Includes||English speaking guide, food(3 times per day), cook,packing horse or camels all overnights in gers and tents, camping equipment and all local transport / UB-Ulgii-UB flights /, all Border and National park permits.|
|Excludes||Drinks, Single room/tent/ger supplement is USD 20 per night.|
|DATES||2012. Weekly, 14May-17Sep|
- REINDEERS AND TSAATAN CULTURE, 11 days, from 1800 USD, NORTHERN MONGOLIA
- ALTAI TREK, 16 days, from 2600, Western Mongolia
- NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI JOLT TREK, 16 days, from 2530 USD, /fixed dates/
- ALTAI, HANGAI and GOBI DRIVE, 25 days, ...2600...4400... USD, Mongolia
- SELF-DRIVE BY ALTAI MOUNTAINS AND GOBI DESERT, 12 days, from 3315 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- GOBI and HANGAI DRIVE, 17 days, from ... USD, Mongolia
- MONGOLIA-ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL, September, 16-17, 2017 (Small Eagle Festival as Lonely Planet called)
- RUSSIAN and MONGOLIAN ALTAI TREK-2017 /fixed dates/, 27 days, from 4360 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- SPRING EAGLE FESTIVAL and SNOW LEOPARD EXPLORE-2018, 10 days, from 1740 USD, Mongolia
- STANDART TICKET , 3 days, 180 USD, Mongolia
- DELUX TICKET , 3 days, 250 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI JOLT TREK and GOLDEN EAGLE FESTIVAL-2017 /fixed date/, 18 days, price from 2740$, MONGOLIA
- INSPIRING ALTAI MOUNTAINS, 26 days, from 2950USD, Russia-Mongolia-China-Kazakhstan
- GO to ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL with EAGLEHUNTERS and ALTAI EXPLORE-2017, 10 days, from 1370 USD, Mongolia
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 15, 2017
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL and MALCHIN PEAK CLIMB, 8 days, from 1165
- MONGOLIA-SPRING EAGLE FESTIVAL , March, 21-22, 2018
- MONGOLIA-ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL AND ALTAI EXPLORE-2017, 10 days, from 1725 USD, Mongolia
- CYCLING by TIAN SHAN MOUNTIANS, from 960$, Kazakhstan
- ALTAI KAZAKH LIFE, HIKING, HORSE RIDE and BIKING, from 1850USD,
- NATURE and CULTURE of KAZAKHSTAN MOUNTIANS, 8 days, from 970$
- MONGOLIAN KAZAKH NEW YEAR- NAURYZ, 2017, 10 DAYS, from 1265 USD, MONGOLIA
- MONGOLIAN ALTAI ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES, 12 days, from 1420USD, MONGOLIA
- ALTAI TAVAN BOGD NAT.PARK (cheap and fixed), from 275USD, Mongolia
- TSAMBAGARAV NAT.PARK (cheap and fixed), from 195 USD, Mongolia
- Altai Trek (fixed dates)
- GOLDEN EAGLE FESTVAL, ALTAI EXPLORE and EAGLEHUNTING-2017, 11 days, from 1545 USD, Western Mongolia
- GOLDEN EAGLE FESTIVAL and ALTAI EXPLORE -2017, 7 days, from 945 USD, Mongolia
- Altai Tavan Bogd Climb
- ALTAI MOUNTIANS DRIVE, 19 days, from 2255 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI TAVAN BOGD DRIVE, 13 days, 1535 USD, Mongolia
- MONGOLIA-CLASSIC EAGLEHUNTING-2017, 10 days, from 1245 USD, Mongolia
- HUNTING with GOLDEN EAGLE (Kazakhstan)
- ANCIENT HUMAN CIVILIZATION, 14 days, from ...., WESTERN CHINA
- Altai Tavan Bogd Flowers
- Altai National Parks
- Mongolia Fishing and Horse Ride
- Mongolia Fishing and Auto Tour
- WESTERN MONGOLIA TREK, 6days, from 660 USD, Mongolia
- KAZAKHSTAN ALTAI HORSE RIDE, 15 days, from 2590 USD, Kazakhstan
- ALTAI MOUNTAINS HORSE RIDE, 14 days, from 2225 USD, Mongolia
- TURGEN and KHARKHIRAA TREK - TWIN PEAKS, 13 days, from 1445$, Western Mongolia