MONGOLIA, ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 19, 2018 LET'S PLAN YOUR TRIP
As far we are working closely with local community, Blue Wolf Travel will support local people from Bayan-Ulgii province to organize this festival since 2008.
We really happy to do it, because we trust,that our new project will help Altai Nomadic people to keep strongly their ancient culture and traditions for long time.
Bayan-Olgii is a unique place in Mongolia, home of the Kazakh ethnic group. The Kazakhs have a rich culture, close extended families, and many traditions that are still practiced today that are centuries old
Today, many Kazakhs here maintain traditional semi-nomadic herding by moving with their animals several times a year, and living in a Kazakh ger (larger and taller than a Mongolian ger) during the summer. All Kazakhs keep close ties to extended families. Tradition requires that one must not marry anyone related within 9 generations. As a result, upon meeting each other, Kazakhs always tell if and how they are related. This is not their only tradition, though.
After meeting a Kazakh, you will be impressed by the generous hospitality expressed through expansive meals with many dishes and countless cups of milk tea and sweets. Like other tribes of the steppe, Kazakhs love to sing and play music. After dinner or while travelling, one will pull out a dombra, the national instrument of the Kazakhs, and play a traditional folk songs that reminds one of the time of the great warriors of Central Asia. Living is such a sparse land; they make the most of celebrations, with music, dancing, and horse games.
The most visible expression of tradition one will notice is the world famous art work of these nomadic people of the steppe. Kazakhs are famous around the world for their intricately embroidered wall hangings (tuskies) used on ger (yurt) walls.
MONGOLIA-ALTAI NOMAD's FESTIVAL, 2018
Location: Tsengel Hairhan Mountain, 48°41´51˝N , 89°15´00˝E
FESTIVAL DAY / July 19
10:00 Opening ceremony, introductions, Altai Nomadic history and practice.
10:30 Parade of all participants.
14:00-15:00 Tiyn Teru - Riders compete to pick up flags or flowers from the ground during the
15:00-17:00 Horse Races
17:00-17:30 Awards and Closing ceremony
18:00 Break for dinner
*Extended programes will be available at Festival
Involving the community in the Festival
- Blue Wolf is a partner with local communities to establish and train a handicraft cooperative for countryside men and women
- Blue Wolf also supports the work of the Altai Kazakh Nomadic People, whose handicrafts will be available to guests during the festival
- We hire local English teachers to assist with translation during the Festival
- All supplies for the festival were purchased through local retailers
- Over 1000 nomads will participate in the festival – your interest and participation help ensure this practice will remain a part of Altai Kazakh Culture
Involving the community in the Festival
Notes on safety
Following are few tips to keep in mind to ensure safety of your own and travel companions,while participating in this extraordinary festival.
1.When you are in the competition field, please make sure to stand only in the designated public viewing areas,
2.If you have children,please do not let them wander on their own,
3.While the competition is on, leaving designated areas to get a closer photo shoot of the horses is not recommended
4.If you can not locate your group or get separated, please return to the parking place,where your vans are located.
To contact with us:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tells: 976-99110303 (Mongolia), +13474389658
- MONGOLIA, ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 19, 2018
- REINDEERS AND TSAATAN CULTURE, 11 days, from 1530 USD, NORTHERN MONGOLIA
- NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI EXPLORE, 22 days, from 3315 USD, Kazakhstan-Russia-Mongolia
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL and MALCHIN PEAK CLIMB, 8 DAYS, FROM 1165
- NATURE and CULTURE of KAZAKHSTAN MOUNTIANS, 8 days, from 970$
- MONGOLIAN ALTAI ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES, 12 days, from 1420USD, MONGOLIA
- MOUNTAINS ON MOUNTAINS, 11 DAYS, 2310 USD, KYRGYZSTAN
- WORLD NOMAD GAMES AND EXPLORE KYRGYZSTAN, FROM..., 12 DAYS