Mongolia Fishing and Horse Ride LET'S PLAN YOUR TRIP
Mongolia is a fascinating place for fishing. Just picture a country large as the British Isles, France, Germany and Italy combined with one percent of its territory being lakes, rivers and streams. These rivers drain out north to the Arctic Ocean and to the Pacific in the east. The Central Asian enclosed basin drains back into Mongolia itself, and contains the huge saltwater Uvs Lake. The rivers that belong to the Pacific Ocean basin contain species like Sturgeon, Skin Carp plus 39 others. Rivers of the Arctic Ocean basin hold 25 species including Grayling, Lenok Trout, Taimen, Siberian Pike etc. There is also the Central Asian enclosed basin with its five species of endemic fish, among them the Altai Osman. Some of these are saltwater lakes, which is why it is possible to encounter Pelicans and Seagulls in the very heart of Asia, e.g. in Uvs Nuur, Mongolia’s largest lake. Fishing in Mongolia is, in by and large pristine water systems with a total lack of introduced species such as Rainbow Trout etc. A variety of fish is available, and we practice catch and release.The most spectacular of the species is the Taimen (Hucho taimen), the largest of the Salmonidae family. It is to be found all over northern Mongolia. Usually specimens 0.70 to 1.40 meters long (max. 2.00 m.) can be landed. One fishing group of 6 people managed to get 60 Taimens in one weeks time!Lenok (Brachymystax lenok), is along with Taimen the only two members of the Salmonidae family. Lenok Trout can grow rather big, and we catched in Arhangai, a Lenok 105 cm long. There is also a relative to the Lenok, the endemic Onon Trout in the Onon River system in the northeast.There are four species of Grayling (Thymallus arcticus) in various parts of Mongolia. The Grayling is common and a very good fly fish. There is also two species of Pike. The Siberian Pike (Esox lucius) - the one common in Europe - is common also in some parts of Mongolia. The Amur Pike (Esox reichertii) is to be found in the Pacific Ocean drainage basin, and quite rare throughout its range, except for the Onon River where it holds a sizeable population..
To UlgiiDeparture to Tashanta for going through over the custom. Meeting with Canat. Crossing Tashanta – Ulgiy-Blue Wolf Ger Camp/135km/.Arrival at the touristic complex. Accomodation in the yurts. /B,L,D/
Drive to AltaiDrive to Chigertei Lake of Altai, which is summer spending place for nomadic kazakh families. We will meet horserangers and packing horses/camels/.Stay with Kazakh Nomadic family.
Altai Kazakh Nomadic LifeVisit some Kazakh Nomadic families and feel their grade hospitalities.Meet Kazakh Eaglehunter and see his magnificient bird.See how Kazakh women are making felt and other handycrafts.Stay with family.In the evening small Kazakh concert.
Fishing in unvisited areasNext two days we trek by Jolt and Onion Areas,which are full of lush valleys. Walking by open plate remote country,you can feel yourself wildness,where is no families,no cars and no civilization.You are out of all world problems for these few days. Jolt and Onion areas has many stream waters,where is many fish as like grayilng and lenok.
Fishing in streams around Dayan LakeStart to walk towards to Dayan Nuur. On the way you enjoy the remote mountain country with some forest and lakes.The lakes and rivers are rich by fish.On the west side of your way you will see the mountain called Holagash.There are many bears and elkes,by chance you can see them.We will come to Dayan Nuur,one of the crystal clear lakes of Altai Tavan Bogd National Park, where is good fishing for lenok,grayling and others.Staying around the lake two nights,it allows us to see stunning sunsets and sunrises.The lake is home of the wild ducks,swans,geese,seagulls and others.
Horse Trek towards Big LakesThe remote area,divided from China by the high snow capped mountains,has the two stunning lakes of Hoton Nuur and Hurgan Nuur.Both of them are the source of the Hovd River.On the way you can visit Kazakh nomadic families and feel their grade hospitalities.Second day in the evening,we reach river valley called Zagastai /name indicates Fish/.
FishingToday we fish around Zagastai Valley.This place is strictly protected,so you will have real adventure staying in wild area.
Archaeologicol SitesToday we come to eastside of big lakes,where you will see the one of most beautifull and biggest petro-glyphs.Staying one night near small mountain,where is numerous of rock-printings,you can feel youself how beautifull the place.American archaeologist Richard Kortum and his team is working on this site over 4 years.
Drive back to UlgiiDrive a day to Ulgii town.Stay in Blue Wolf Gercamp.Dinner with Kazakh Short Concert.
Drive back homeCrossing of the border Ulgiy-Tashanta-Cosh-Agach/185km/.
|Some recommendations||Summer months in Mongolia are from early June to mid September.Although the Mongolian summers are hot and dry with occasional rain, the temperature can fluctuate as much 20 degrees centigrade between day and night.So be prepared for all weather conditions.|
|What to bring||Binoculars,sunscreen,a hat,gloves,long underware for travel in the high mountains,comfortable footware,lip balm,sanitary hand wipes,sunglasses,prescription medications,(if needed),rain gear,flashlight.|
|Transport||This expedition is supported by a jeep or minibus on the Altai Mountian road tracks.|
|Staff||A Mongolian-Russian speaking local guide will accompany the group at all times. A cook will follow. Plus drivers.|
|Meals||Our cook will prepare the meals. We pride ourselves in having cooks adapt with both western and Mongolian cooking on our trips. There are always vegetables available, and we have no problem accommodating vegetarians.|
|Overnights||This is a vehicle supported camping trip. Tents and mattresses will be provided for the camping nights. You need to bring your own sleeping bag. A portable camping shower will be provided.|
|Price||USD 1230 per person (min 2 members)|
|Group size||2-18 (Discounts available for groups.)|
|Includes||Russian speaking guide, all meals.All overnights in gers ( or with family) , camping equipment and all local transport, all Border and National park permits.|
|Excludes||Drinks, laundry.Single room/tent/ger supplement is USD 20 per night.|
- MONGOLIA- CLASSIC EAGLE HUNTING , 8 days, from 1470$, 2019
- TURGEN and KHARKHIRAA HORSE RIDE, 11 days, from 2410 $, Western Mongolia
- MONGOLIA, NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL , March, 20-21, 2019
- MONGOLIA, ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 18, 2019
- MONGOLIA, ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL, September, 14-15, 2019
- NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL and MIGRATION-2019, 14 DAYS, FROM 2745$, MONGOLIA
- EAGLE FESTIVAL PROGRAMME (rough), 2019
- ALTAI TREK, 17 days, from 2600 USD, Western Mongolia, 2019 (fixed dates)
- TSENGEL HAIRHAN -GLACIER HIKE (self-guided/fixed), from USD 285, WESTERN MONGOLIA
- POTANIN GLACIER AND SACRED MOUNTAIN, 6 ds/5nts, from USD 550$
- EAGLE FESTIVAL ADVENTURE, 2019 /fixed dates/, 15 DAYS, 2500$, MONGOLIA
- EAGLE FESTIVAL and HIKE BESIDE GLACIER, 12 DAYS, FROM 2000$, 2019
- EXPLORE the ALTAI of GOLDEN EAGLE and SNOW LEOPARD , 12 DAYS, FROM 2215$, 2019
- ALTAI MOUNTAINS HORSE RIDE, 14 days, from 2225 USD, Mongolia
- HORSE RIDE ON KYRGYZ MOUNTAINS, 10 DAYS, FROM 1920$, 2018
- THE BEST OF ALTAI MOUNTAINS, 5 ds/ 4 nts, from USD 440
- REINDEER HERDERS AND EAGLE FESTIVAL, 2019, 19 DAYS, FROM 3040$
- EAGLE FESTIVAL, ALTAI EXPLORE and EAGLE HUNTING, 12 DAYS, FROM 1860$, 2019
- REINDEERS AND TSAATAN CULTURE, 11 days, from 1530 USD, NORTHERN MONGOLIA
- TREK BESIDE GLACIERS, 8ds/7nts, from USD 905
- ALTAI TREK and ALTAI EAGLE FESTIVAL- 2019, 19 days, from 2800$, fixed date
- NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia
- JOLT TREK, 16 days, from 2530 USD, /fixed dates/
- ALTAI, HANGAI AND GOBI DRIVE, 24 DAYS, FROM 2600$, MONGOLIA
- SELF-DRIVE BY ALTAI MOUNTAINS AND GOBI DESERT, 12 days, from 3315 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- GOBI and HANGAI DRIVE, 12 DAYS, FROM 2080 USD, MONGOLIA
- RUSSIAN and MONGOLIAN ALTAI TREK-2019 /fixed dates/, 27 days, from 2700 USD, Russia and Mongolia
- STANDART TICKET , 3 days, 180 USD, Mongolia
- DELUX TICKET , 3 days, 250 USD, Mongolia
- ALTAI EXPLORE, 22 days, from 3315 USD, Kazakhstan-Russia-Mongolia
- GO to FESTIVAL with EAGLE HUNTERS and ALTAI EXPLORE, 2019, 10 days, from 1610 USD, Mongolia
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL and MALCHIN PEAK CLIMB, 2019, 8 DAYS, FROM 1165
- EXPLORE SNOW LEOPARD AND GOLDEN EAGLE, 6ds/5nts, from USD 550
- NATURE and CULTURE of KAZAKHSTAN MOUNTIANS, 8 days, from 970$
- MONGOLIAN ALTAI ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES, 12 days, from 1420USD, MONGOLIA
- ALTAI TAVAN BOGD NAT. PARK (self-guided/fixed), from USD 325, Mongolia
- TSAMBAGARAV NAT.PARK (self-guided/fixed), from USD 255, Mongolia
- ALTAI WILD LIFE AND FLOWERS (self-guided/fixed), from USD 330, MONGOLIA
- Altai Trek (fixed dates)
- Altai Tavan Bogd Climb, from 1740$,
- ALTAI MOUNTIANS DRIVE, 19 days, from 2255 USD, Mongolia
- MOUNTAINS ON MOUNTAINS, 11 DAYS, 2310 USD, KYRGYZSTAN
- HUNTING WITH GOLDEN EAGLE -2018-19, 11 days, 1805 USD, Mongolia
- CLASSIC EAGLE HUNTING AND EXPLORE ALATAU MOUNTAINS, 7 DAY, FROM 1025$, KAZAKHSTAN
- EAGLE HUNTING IN KYRGYZSTAN, 8 DAYS, FROM 1485$, KYRGYZSTAN
- WORLD NOMAD GAMES AND EXPLORE KYRGYZSTAN, FROM..., 12 DAYS
- NAURYZ EAGLE FESTIVAL and SNOW LEOPARD EXPLORE-2019, 10 DAYS, FROM 1740 USD, MONGOLIA
- Altai Tavan Bogd Flowers
- Altai National Parks
- Mongolia Fishing and Horse Ride
- Mongolia Fishing and Auto Tour
- WESTERN MONGOLIA TREK, 6days, from 660 USD, Mongolia
- KAZAKHSTAN ALTAI HORSE RIDE, 15 days, from 2590 USD, Kazakhstan
- TURGEN and KHARKHIRAA TREK - TWIN PEAKS, 13 days, from 1445$, Western Mongolia