NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia LET'S PLAN YOUR TRIP
(Hoomii singing, Glacier Mountains, hike and meet Altai nomads)
The Mongolian Altai Mountains of western Mongolian offer a beautiful landscape coupled with three unique cultures - Mongolians, Kazakhs, and Tuvans. The area is rich in wildlife and provides one of the last refuges for the Altai Argali, the world's largest sheep, as well as the endangered Snow Leopard. In addition, western Mongolia is rich in archeological sites that vary from ancient petroglyphs to stone carvings from early Turkish nomads. To travel in western Mongolia and visit this area's nomadic people between the snows covered peaks of the Altai Mountains means to experience something that cannot be repeated anywhere else in the world. On a trip though this region, one discovers new horizons, will feel the beauty of unexplored wilderness and experience the freedom of nomadic life.
Arrive UBArrive UB airport and meet by our team. Transfer to your hotel. Today we will do city site seeing tour. Explore Gandan Monastery, Buddhist center in Ulaanbaatar. See, Zanabazar Museum Chojin Lama temple. Lunch time in a typical Mongolian Restaurant The winter Palace Buda Big Statue on the Hill Central market (black) (one or two hours if we have time) Typical folkloric Mongol performance (songs and dances), at the restaurant, during Dinner time (optional).
Overnight at 4* Kempinskii hotel.
Fly to HovdArrive Hovd airport and meet by our team (guide, driver and cook). Transfer to local hotel. Have a dinner. Here we try to meet “Hoomii-singers”. The Hovd town was a trade center,located on the northen Silk Road with connections to Russia and China. In 1763 the Manchu administration built the fortress Sagijn Cherem (Castle). An area of about 4 ha was fenced with 3m high and 2m wide walls. Now all 18 Mongolian ethic groups live in this province. Overnight at local hotel. (LD)
Drive to Glaciers and meet Urianhai peopleAfter breakfast, we will drive few hour and see the beautiful snowcapped peaks, rocky valleys and crystal clear spring waters. We can visit the nomadic Kazakh and Urianhai (one of western Mongolian ethnic groups) families and feel their grade hospitalities. They live mostly on the north side of Tsamba-Garav Uul(one of the highest snowcapped mountains in Mongolia 4208m). The place called “Tavan Belchir”/Five Pastures/. From North West side of the TsambaGarav Uul we have the chance to hike easily closer to snow caps. After lunch, drive 2-3hrs and reach Olgii town. Overnight at BlueWolf ger camp. (BLD).
Dayan Lake – Lake Hoton/Hurgan
Day hike towards Green Lake
Drive to Altai Tavan Bogd National Park
Trekking to/from Tavanbogd Massif
Drive to OlgiiAfter breakfast, drive to Olgii 95kms. Overnight at Blue Wolf ger camp. Welcome dinner with short Kazakh concert in Blue Wolf restaurant. (BLD)
Fly to UB
- REINDEERS AND TSAATAN CULTURE, 11 days, from 1800 USD, NORTHERN MONGOLIA
- NATURE AND CULTURE OF MONGOLIAN ALTAI, 9 days, from 1675 USD, Mongolia
- INSPIRING ALTAI MOUNTAINS, 23 days, from 2950 USD, Russia-Mongolia-China-Kazakhstan
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL, July, 21, 2018
- MONGOLIA- ALTAI NOMAD'S FESTIVAL and MALCHIN PEAK CLIMB, 8 days, from 1165
- ALTAI KAZAKH LIFE, HIKING, HORSE RIDE and BIKING, from 1850USD,
- NATURE and CULTURE of KAZAKHSTAN MOUNTIANS, 8 days, from 970$
- MONGOLIAN KAZAKH NEW YEAR- NAURYZ, 2017, 10 DAYS, from 1265 USD, MONGOLIA
- MONGOLIAN ALTAI ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES, 12 days, from 1420USD, MONGOLIA
- KAZAKH EAGLE HUNTING GAMES, 9 DAYS, FROM 1290$, KAZAKHSTAN
- ANCIENT HUMAN CIVILIZATION, 14 days, from ...., WESTERN CHINA