Nauryz Eagle Festival & Migration- 2021
Theme Best seller , Cultural nomadic , Nature exploring, Festival, Moderate
Duration 14 days
- Wild Life
- Meet Kazakh ethnic group
- Amazing nature & hospitality of Mongolians
- Fixed dates
Why choose this tour
- Discover the biggest nomadic country in the world – rich diversity of nomadic culture in the regions
- Trek to Altai Tavan Bogd Mountains
- Meet Kazakh ethnic group and opportunity to watch Eagle hunting
- To see rare/endangered animals like snow leopard, ibex etc
- Amazing nature and unique people of the Western Mongolia
- Shared accommodation at Ger camps
- Private transfers
- English speaking guide
- All meals as listed
- All entrance fee
- Horse, camel ride
- Mongolian barbecue
- Letter of Invitation
- Visit Eagle Hunter and his family
- Domestic Flights ULN-Hovd, ULG-ULN
Services not included
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Camera fee for museum & monastery
- Travel Insurance www.WorldNomads.com
- Single supplement
- Personal needs
- Laundry and alcoholic drinks.
- Single occupancy USD $280.
- Prices: As we’ll customize your journey based on your preferences and needs, please note that this indicative price is just a rough estimate. Prices may vary depending on season, type of accommodation and activities/experiences chosen (private vs. shared) etc.
- This journey outline is by no means conclusive. It is just a guideline and can be tailored according to your comfort level, interests and preferences for every detail from accommodation to activities.
- Health: Travellers to Mongolia should ensure that they are up-to-date with routine vaccination courses and it may be advised that further vaccines are sought. Please talk to a health professional 4 – 6 weeks before travelling. It is recommended that most travellers are vaccinated for Hepatitis A and Tetanus but it is also worth discussing Hep B, Typhoid, Meningitis, Tuberculosis, Tick-borne Encephalitis and Rabies.
- Long bumpy rides: Be prepared for some epic long car rides in some old school furgons (Russian UAZ vans). As few of the vans have speakers or a method of playing music, you might like to bring along your own portable speakers and an MP3 player (but bear in mind others may like to enjoy the serenity!) It is not unheard of for people to feel a little travel sick, so if you are prone to this, remember to bring your tablets and feel free to ask your guide/driver to stop as frequently as you wish.
An English speaking Mongolian guide will accompany the group at all times. The guide will be a native Mongolian person with great local knowledge who can deal with any requests and ensure that your holiday to become one of the most unforgettable experiences of your life.
- Occupancy: Single $280
You can stay in a single, twin or double room/ger/tent (where applicable). Single occupancy may not be possible during the Naadam festival (July 5th -15th) at ger camps. At community-based camps and ger homestays, single occupancy is subject to availability. Single and twin/double occupancy at ger camps require an extra supplement.
- The best time to make this trip
May to September is the best season, with the peak season in July for the Naadam Festival. July and August are also the wettest months of the year, but be assured, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
We believe that comfortable, welcoming accommodation is vital to the enjoyment of your trip. You will be stay in a standard 3-4 star hotel in Ulaanbaatar and a tourist ger camp (traditional dwelling) with currency (220V), shower and other useful services (2 to 4 people per ger) in the countryside. All accommodation offered by Blue Wolf is personally checked by our staff to ensure high standards.
In Ulaanbaatar, you will be dining at fine European and Asian cuisine restaurants. Mutton, beef, rice and noodles form the basis of the Mongolian diet, so your meals will be based around this. However, the trail rations may include vegetables, eggs, peanut butter, cheese and sometimes yak! On some days there will be lunchboxes from tourist camps. It is good food and our experience has been that guests are happy with this arrangement. Please let us know in advance if you are a vegetarian. Alcohol is not provided on the trip but tourists are free to bring their own.
We use the highest level, most comfortable, air-conditioned private vans or 4WD vehicles for the maximum comfort on your touring days. A day’s drive in the countryside will be approx 200-250km.
- Personal things to bring with you:
Binoculars, sunscreen, a hat, gloves, long underwear for travel in the high mountains, comfortable footwear, lip balm, sanitary hand wipes, sunglasses, prescription medications (if needed),pills for motion sickness, rain gear, flashlight, universal plugins for charger
- Alternative connections to Olgyi: Entering or exiting across the land border with Russia, we can pick you up or leave you at Gorno-Altaisk or Barnaul, in southern Siberia (Russia).